- Zymex® (Capsules) (Standard Process): Specialized yeast culture that supports the formation of lactic acid from carbohydrates in the large intestine, which results in lowering the pH of the stool. This effect promotes a healthy balance of intestinal flora and creates an environment which is not conducive to Candida albicans overgrowth.
Dosage: Two to three capsules, three times per day with meals.
Zymex® contains lactose. Patients who have an issue with lactose should use Lactic Acid Yeast™ (Standard Process) instead of Zymex®. These are in a wafer form with the dosage being two-three wafers three times per day with meals.
- Garlic 5000mg (MediHerb): Garlic has antifungal and anti-parasitic qualities. The enteric coating on the tablets ensures maximum delivery of the various sulfur containing compounds to the small and large intestine. It is these sulfur containing compounds that provide the antifungal and anti-parasitic actions.
Dosage: One tablet, three times per day with or without meals.
- Spanish Black Radish (Standard Process): A very good source of sulfur. Sulfur is beneficial for the healthy functioning of the enterocytes lining the gastrointestinal tract.
Dosage: Two tablets, three times per day with meals.
- Cat's Claw Complex (MediHerb): The combined action of Cat's Claw, Pau d'Arco, and Echinacea provide antifungal, anti-parasitic, and immune enhancing actions.
Dosage: One tablet, three to four times per day with or without food.
- LactEnz® (Standard Process): It is a source of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum along with protease, amylase, lipase, and cellulase. Start LactEnz® approximately one month after beginning Zymex® (Capsules), Spanish Black Radish, Garlic 5000mg, and Cat's Claw Complex. Introduce this probiotic only after the environment is conducive to accept the probiotic.
Dosage: Three capsules, two times per day at least one hour before or two hours after a meal is preferred. Taking the capsules on an empty stomach maximizes delivery of the probiotic into the small and large intestine.
Use this protocol for twelve weeks along with the lifestyle recommendations noted below.
Digestive dysfunction is common for patients with Candidiasis.
- Golden Seal 500mg (MediHerb): A berberine-containing herb noted for its broad-spectrum antifungal and antibacterial qualities. It is useful, in this respect, for intestinal support but additionally for its mucous membrane trophorestorative properties.
Dosage: One tablet, three times per day.
- Immuplex® (Standard Process): Provides the vitamin A, C, and E complexes, folic acid, cyanocobalamin, trace minerals, liver, thymus, spleen, and bone Protomorphogen™ extracts along with other synergistic factors for optimal immune system support. This is a product to be considered for depleted immune systems that require specific nutritional factors to optimize the immune response.
Dosage: Two capsules, three times per day with meals.
Please contact us (via
email or at 1-888-257-9608) to learn how to buy these products.
Copyright © 2004 Bruce Bond D.C.
Synergistic Therapeutics: Combining Whole Food Nutrition and Herbal Medicine for Common Ailments: First Edition
Used with permission. All rights reserved.